Do over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments work?
We are bombarded today with advertisements for teeth whitening systems that are available in discount and drugstores, but how well do these work? The truth is that most will not do much to whiten teeth beyond removing some surface stains. Some of these are abrasive and can cause permanent damage to your tooth enamel.
The safest treatment with the best results is professional teeth bleaching through your dentist. At our Orlando area dental practice, Hillcrest Dental, we offer an at-home whitening system that is convenient and provides consistent results.
It’s easy to whiten your teeth with our at-home whitening system. Follow these easy steps:
- Brush and floss your teeth about an hour or two before bedtime. Rinse thoroughly.
- Place the custom-filled tray firmly over your teeth, spitting out any excess gel or foam.
- Leave the tray in place for two to eight hours.
- Remove the tray, wiping it out to remove any excess gel.
- Repeat step 2, this time leaving in the tray for one hour. Remove the tray again, wiping out the gel, and reload the tray.
- Put the tray back over your teeth and wear it for another hour.
Anytime you remove the tray for longer than 15 minutes, place new bleaching gel in it before you use it again. Re-apply the bleaching gel for about seven days in a row.
Call Hillcrest Dental to find out more about our at-home teeth bleaching system!